This passion tea lemonade is sweetened with homemade raspberry syrup and it's the perfect summer drink!
- 6 cups (1500ml) water
- 8 Tazo passion tea bags
- 1 batch of Raspberry Simple Syrup (see notes)
A single drink:
- Ice cubes
- ½ cup Passion tea concentrate
- 1 tbsp raspberry simple syrup
- ½-1 cup still or sparkling water
Passion tea and raspberry syrup:
- Bring water to a boil. Pour it over the tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes (longer than the bags suggest to make the tea stronger. I like doing this in a large pot, I’ve cracked a glass jug before and a pot is safer
- Make the raspberry syrup (recipe is linked above or see notes).
A single drink:
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add passion tea concentrate, raspberry simple syrup, and top up with still or sparkling water. Use a ratio of tea concentrate to water based on your preference. I usually do 1:1 or 1:2 but it doesn’t have to be measured, I usually just feel it out.
Raspberry simple syrup: You will need 1 1/2 cup water, 2 cups raspberries, 1 cup maple syrup or cane sugar, and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Bring everything except vanilla to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the raspberries are completely fallen apart. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and wait for it to cool down completely before storing. For more info, check out the separate blog post linked in the ingredient list.
Pitcher measurements: Add 2 cups of passion tea concentrate, 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of raspberry syrup, and ice to a pitcher. This makes 4 drinks. Double the recipe or triple as needed. The whole batch should make about 12 drinks.
Keywords: starbucks, tazo, iced passion tea