Delicious Iced Peppermint Mocha made with real cacao powder, peppermint extract, and creamy almond milk. Serve it with whipped cream and chocolate shavings to mimic the Starbucks version!
- ½ cup milk (I like almond, hazelnut, oat, or cashew milk)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or another sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 1-2 shots of espresso
Optional toppings: whipped cream, chocolate shavings, crushed candy cane, mini marshmallows, a dusting of cacao powder or cinnamon
- Add milk, cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract into a tall glass and use a handheld milk frother to froth the milk and mix everything together.
- Add a handful of ice to the glass and pour the espresso over it.
- Serve immediately as is or with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Be careful with the peppermint extract. Less is always more with this one. You can always add more but if you add too much, the peppermint flavor will be very overwhelming.
No milk frother: If you don’t have a milk frother, add everything to a blender including the espresso, blend until frothy, and pour over ice.
You can also make this drink hot if you're not feeling the iced coffee. Simply heat up your milk before frothing and don't add any ice.
Keywords: starbucks, iced peppermint mocha