These spicy honey sriracha brussels sprouts are the perfect spicy dish for any meal. Great with roasted salmon and rice!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1-2 tbsp avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste, approx. ½ tsp each)
- 2 tbsp sriracha (or any hot sauce, adjust the amount to taste and heat preference)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp tapioca starch (or corn starch) + 1 tsp water
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425F (220C).
- Cut the ends off the brussels sprouts and peel off any bad leaves. Cut the brussels sprouts in half and spread them on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat everything well and spread the brussels sprouts out. The more space they have, the crispier they’ll get in the oven. Turn them the cut side down to get them extra golden and crispy on the flat side.
- Roast the brussels sprouts for 20 minutes. No need to toss or flip them. Make the sauce while they’re roasting.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the sriracha, honey, tamari, rice vinegar, and minced garlic.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer stirring constantly and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the tapioca starch and water together in a small bowl and add to the sauce.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes to a total of 5 minutes. Take off the heat and set aside until the brussels sprouts are done.
- Pour the sauce over the roasted brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve. Best served immediately while the brussels sprouts are crispy.
Keywords: sriracha honey, roasted brussels sprouts