Learn how to make Pita Chips from pita bread. Best served with hummus or other dips.
- 3 gluten-free pitas (thawed if frozen)*
- Avocado oil in a spray (or 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil)
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Za’atar spice (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and prepare two baking sheets.
- Cut the pitas into triangles and separate them in half so they’re all just one layer.**
- Spread them on the prepared baking sheets, spray or brush with avocado oil on both sides, and season with the sea salt and za’atar spice on both sides.
- Make sure each triangle has a little bit of oil, this will help the chips to crisp up.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes, flip and bake for 6-8 more. Keep an eye on them, they should be golden brown when done.
- Enjoy with a dip or on their own.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 3 days.
* Check out this gluten-free vegan pita bread recipe by Dolly and Oatmeal to make your own pita.
**If you want your pita chips to be crispy on the outside but still soft and chewy on the inside, simply cut them into triangles and don't separate the two layers.
Storing: These pita chips are best eaten on the same day. I find they lose their crunch after the first day because they're made with gluten-free flour.
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Keywords: pita, chips, snack