This homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning is the ultimate seasoning blend. It goes with almost anything and it's so easy to make!
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1/4 cup dried garlic flakes
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp flaky sea salt
- Start by toasting the sesame seeds.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the sesame seeds and toast for a few minutes. Move them around with a wooden spoon or by shaking the pan. You’ll know they’re done when they become fragrant, start to smoke a little, or a few of them pop. Bre sure not to burn them. Immediately take them off the heat and transfer them to a plate to cool completely before using.
- Use a mortar and pestle if your onion and garlic flakes are too large. This step is optional.
- When ready, add all the ingredients into a glass jar, cover with a lid and shake to combine.
- Store in a cool dark place (not the fridge) for 2-3 months.
Make sure your sesame seeds are untoasted. You can also buy toasted sesame seeds and skip the toasting but I like to toast them myself. Toasted sesame seeds are sensitive to heat and if you make them yourself it extends their shelf life.
Keywords: everything bagel, seasoning