- 1/2 cup raw pistachios + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup hazelnut milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 figs + 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey (roast at 200°C for 10 mins)
- Start by making the caramelized pistachios. (You can make this ahead of time)
- Preheat your oven to 170°C (325°F). Mix the pistachios with the maple syrup and spread them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper (don't skip the paper, the syrup caramelizes and hardens and you'd never get it off).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let them cool down completely before handling.
- To bake the figs, up the temperature of your oven to 200°C (400°F). Either cut them up into quarters or just cut into them about half way and drizzle with the maple syrup.
- Put them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the oatmeal.
- Bring your milk to almost a boil, stir in the oats, lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes (depends on how soft the oats are). Add water or more milk if necessary.
- When they're done, stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Serve immediately topped with the figs and pistachios.