Most people tend not to like asparagus but when you cook it right, it's super delicious and satisfying. This dish is great for a quick lunch or Sunday brunch.
- 12 asparagus spears
- mixed herbs
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes or to taste
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- extra virgin olive oil (if you don't want to roast with olive oil, add avocado or coconut oil instead)
- 1 head of lettuce of choice
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- garlic powder (optional)
- sea salt, pepper
- 2 eggs
- fresh herbs for decoration - oregano, parsley (optional)
- Wash your asparagus and snap off the ends. Put them in a baking dish and season with dried herbs, chilli flakes, sea salt, and pepper. Roughly cut up 1 clove of garlic, slice the onion and spread it on top of the asparagus.
- Drizzle with olive oil and set aside. Preheat your broiler to medium heat.
- Wash your cherry tomatoes and greens of choice and dry the greens with a paper towel a little so they're not so wet.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and the lettuce into small pieces. Add both to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and season with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Pop the asparagus into the oven and broil on medium for 15 minutes or until crispy and toss every 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into two separate cups.
- Bring some water with a pinch of sea salt to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Simply add the eggs into the water and cover with a lid and let it poach for 3-4 minutes.
- If you're making only 1 egg, you can swirl the water with a spoon and drop the egg into the middle of the sauce pan.
- Divide the salad into two parts, put it onto a plate along with the grilled asparagus and poached egg.
- Top with fresh herbs and enjoy!