Delicious waffles with cheddar and a ton of hidden spinach! Great for breakfast, brunch, or lunch. Freezer-friendly!
- 1 cup milk (almond or cashew are great options)
- 2 cups packed baby spinach (or kale)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ¼ cup flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 gluten-free flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup packed shredded cheddar cheese
For serving: eggs, smoked salmon, avocado, cream cheese, quick pickled red onion, hot sauce, fresh herbs, roasted veggies, chicken, salmon, tofu, Avocado Green Goddess Dressing, salsa, pesto, or anything else you enjoy!
- To a high-speed blender add milk, baby spinach, eggs, sea salt, oregano, and garlic powder. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour it into a large bowl and add the flour and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- Add the shredded cheddar and mix to incorporate.
- Cook the waffle according to your waffle iron instructions. I add about ½-1 cup of batter per waffle, this will vary based on the size of your waffle iron. I cook mine at medium high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve the waffles with eggs, salmon, avocado, cream cheese, or other toppings of your choice.
Keep warm: preheat your oven to 200F (100C) and keep the waffles on a baking sheet in a single layer in the preheated oven until you finish cooking the rest.
Storing: Store in a container or wrapped in foil in the fridge for 3-4 days. Store in the freezer in a freezer-safe container.
Reheat: To warm up your waffles, you can just pop them in the toaster to warm up.
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed. It was counted with almond milk and Bob's Redmilll GF 1:1 flour in the ingredients.
Keywords: cheesy waffles, breakfast, spinach