This Grapefruit Paloma is made with fresh grapefruit juice and grapefruit soda, and it's the perfect cocktail for any occasion!
- Glass prep: 1 tsp coarse sea salt or Himalayan pink salt + a lime wedge
- 1 ½ oz silver tequila
- 3 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz lime juice
- ½ oz simple syrup (see notes for how to make it)
- Grapefruit soda (I used LaCroix)
- Lime and grapefruit slices for garnish (dried lime or grapefruit slices are also a great garnish option)
- To prep your glass, add sea salt to a plate and run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass. Dip the outside of the glass into the salt and set it aside.
- Add the tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker.
- Add a handful of ice and shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds until very cool.
- Pour into your prepared glass over ice, top up with grapefruit soda, and garnish with a slice of lime or grapefruit. Enjoy!
Simple syrup: Add ½ cup water and ½ cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes until it reduces and thickens slightly. Let the syrup cool and transfer to a jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Non-alcoholic version: Substitute the tequila with a non-alcoholic spirit of choice or skip it completely. Add the rest of the ingredients to a shaker and serve over ice topped up with grapefruit sparkling water. Add a splash of freshly squeezed orange juice for more flavor.
Keywords: paloma, cocktail