Simple gluten-free crepes that can be served with any kind of sweet topping you like.
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk (cashew, hazelnut or rice milk also works here)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- avocado oil (for cooking)
- Blackberry Lavender Jam
- Powdered xylitol sweetener (optional, for serving instead of white sugar)
- Into a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, add the almond milk, avocado oil, and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Slowly pour in about half of the liquid into the dry ingredients while whisking. When it's smooth with no clumps, slowly pour in the rest and keep whisking. Set the batter aside and heat up your pan.
- Heat up a shallow crepe pan over high heat and add a teaspoon of avocado oil.
- Lower to low heat and pour in about 1/3 cup of the batter (I use a ladle and eyeball it, it depends on how big your pan is), lift the pan up and tilt it in all sides so the batter can spread all over the pan.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the edges start to lift off the pan, flip, and cook for 1-2 more mins on the other side.
- Keep your crepes on a plate covered with another one or with foil to keep the crepes warm. Or heat up your oven to 200F (100C) and keep them in there covered.
- Repeat for the rest of the crepes adding more oil if needed.
- Serve with Blackberry Lavender Jam and maple syrup.
Keywords: gluten-free, crepes, blackberries