- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground anise
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 3/4 cup mashed banana ( about 2 1/2 bananas)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (see notes on how to make this)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil (plus more for greasing the loaf pan)
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 175C (350F) and grease your loaf pan with a tiny bit of coconut oil.
- Start by making the flax egg so you have it ready.
- In a big bowl mix all the dry ingredients, then in a smaller bowl mix all the wet ingredients and the lemon zest.
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix well with a whisk or a spatula until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan, sprinkle on some chopped nuts, seeds, and raisins if desired and place into the oven.
- Bake for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before taking it out of the pan.
- Cool completely before cutting (if you have the power to wait that long).
- Store at room temperature for 3-4 days.
How to make a flax egg (you need two for this recipe): in a small bowl mix 1 tbsp ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp water and let it soak for 10 minutes until it becomes sort of jelly-like