- 1 tsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (about 6 medium tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup water
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 250g gluten-free brown rice pasta
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil (or sub 2 tsp dried)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh oregano (or sub 2 tsp dried)
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a big pot with the coconut oil over medium to high heat.
- When hot, add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the tomatoes and the water and lower the heat to low-medium.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the tomatoes start breaking down. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 5-10 more minutes. Near the end, stir in the herbs.
- Take the sauce off the heat and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instruction. When done, return to the pot it was cooking in, generously drizzle with olive oil to avoid the pasta to stick together. Add about 1 cup of the sauce to the pasta and toss to coat.
- Best enjoyed immediately with more sauce and fresh herbs on top.