- 2 zucchinis, peeled if not organic
- 1/4-1/2 tsp tandoori masala
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil, melted*
- CURRY OATMEAL:
- 2 cups almond milk (or any other plant milk)**
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- dash turmeric powder (optional)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- to serve: kimchi, cherry tomatoes, hummus, chili flakes
- Preheat your oven to 200C (392F).
- Cut up your zucchini into somewhat bite-size pieces (I did short thick fries, about 2cm long but it doesn't really matter. The smaller they are the less time they need in the oven)
- Sprinkle with the seasoning and mix to coat.
- Add the coconut oil and mix again to coat evenly.
- Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes, tossing once midway through. Turn on the broiler for the last 5 minutes to grill them up a bit but be careful not to burn them,
- To make the oatmeal, bring the milk to a boil over high heat, add the oats, lower to low-medium heat and cook for 10 minutes, add the spices and mix well.
- Add the spinach and cook for 2-3 more minutes to wilt it. Add more if needed.
- Divide the oatmeal between two bowls, add the zucchini, kimchi, hummus, and season with salt and pepper if desired. Best served immediately.
*I always put the oil on the zucchini when it's solid and just place it into the oven for a minute or two to melt it, then I mix it to coat and put back into the oven to cook.
**Or you can do 1 cup milk and 1 cup water.