This Croissant Breakfast Sandwich is the perfect savory breakfast or brunch! Soft scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and avocado on a toasted croissant with melted cheddar.
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp avocado or other cooking oil
- 4 slices of turkey bacon (or regular or vegan bacon)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fresh chives (optional, sub spring onion)
- 2 croissants, sliced in half
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, mashed (or ½ cup guacamole, for serving)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (175C). This recipe comes together very quickly so make sure you have everything ready before you start cooking.
- Add the egs, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to a medium mixing bowl, and whisk well. Set aside.
- To cook the tukey bacon, heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add the cooking oil. (When using regular bacon, there's no need for cooking oil)
- Add the turkey bacon to the pan in a single layer and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a large plate with paper towels to soak excess oil, and set aside.
- Add the butter to the same pan and lower the heat to low-medium. Slowly pour in the whisked eggs. Let them set for about a minute. Start moving them around the pan from the outside in using a rubber spatula. Scramble for about 5 minutes. Add the fresh chives towards the end of cooking if using. They should still be very soft scrambled and shiny. They will finish cooking in the oven.
- Add your croissants sliced in half to a baking sheet cut side up. Sprinkle grated cheddar on each slice.
- Add two slices of turkey bacon, and divide the scrambled eggs between the two croissants.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven and bake for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide the mashed avocado or guacamole between the two sandwiches and top with the other half of the croissant. Enjoy while hot.
Guacamole: I usually use premade guacamole to save time and add more flavor. To make guacamole, mash 1 avocado together with finely chopped ½ small red onion, 1 finely chopped Roma tomatoes (seeds removed), the juice of ½ lime, sea salt, and pepper to taste.
Storing: These sandwiches are best made right before serving but if you have leftover sandwiches, you can store them in the fridge wrapped in foil or cling wrap for 24 hours.
Keywords: breakfast, croissant sandwich