Try these Crispy Breakfast Potatoes for breakfast with eggs, roasted vegetables, or anything else you like! They're crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- 800g russet potatoes
- 1-2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- ½ smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper (I used coarse, add less if it’s fine black pepper)
- ⅛-¼ tsp chipotle powder (or cayenne, optional)
- flaky sea salt (for serving, optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450F (230C).
- Wash and peel your potatoes (you can leave the skin on too if you prefer). Dice them into evenly sized pieces and add to a large baking sheet (you can line it with parchment paper but it's not necessary). The more the potatoes are spread out on the baking sheet, the crispier they’ll get. Use a paper towel to absorb as much moisture out of the potatoes.
- Drizzle with avocado oil and toss.
- Mix all your spices in a separate bowl and sprinkle evenly over the potatoes. Toss to coat well.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Gently toss the potatoes to flip, turn on the broiler, and roast for another 10 minutes. If you don’t have a broiler function, just keep the oven at 450F. Keep an eye on the potatoes as broilers get very hot and could burn the potatoes quickly.
- Serve them with scrambled eggs, veggies, other savory breakfast dishes, or on their own with ketchup. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt for serving if desired.
Storing: Store the potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Reheating: Preheat your oven to 350F (175C). Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast them in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until hot.
Keywords: breakfast potatoes, savory breakfast