Delicious Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce with dill, and capers. This pasta dish is great on its own or with a choice of protein!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp vegan butter (optional)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves roasted garlic (or sub 4-6 raw cloves garlic, minced)
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 heaping tbsp fresh dill
- ½ cup cashew milk
- 300g brown rice spaghetti
- pecorino cheese or vegan parmesan for serving (optional)
- Start by heating the olive oil and vegan butter (if using) in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for about 5 minutes until translucent. Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the garlic. If roasted, just smash it to incorporate and immediately add the white wine. If raw, cook stirring constantly for a minute.
- Add white wine and cook until almost evaporated.
- Add the tomato paste, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and fresh dill. Stir well. Add the cashew milk and stir again until everything’s incorporated. Take off heat until pasta is cooked.
- While you make the sauce, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, and drain and rinse the pasta.
- Warm the sauce back up, add the pasta to the sauce and gently toss to coat. Add pasta water as necessary to loosen the sauce.
- Serve immediately dusted with pecorino cheese or vegan parmesan if desired.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Wait until it's cool before storing.
If you don't eat cheese and don't have vegan parmesan, you can also serve this pasta sprinkled with nutritional yeast.
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Keywords: spaghetti, capers, dill, dinner