Double chocolate & maca baked oatmeal. Ideal for a chilly morning when you need something sweet and warm to start the day.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1-2 tsp maca powder (if you're beginning with maca, start with 1/2-1tsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed (keep the other half for toppings)
- 2/3 cup coconut milk or water
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional for additional sweetness)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 175C/350F.
- First, add all your dry ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- Mash your banana and add it along with vanilla extract and milk into the bowl and mix well.
- Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips, pour the batter into a baking dish and top with sliced bananas.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm and golden brown on top (I know there's cacao so it's already brown, but you'll know it's done when it rises and forms kind of a crust on top).
- Top with dried figs, dates, berries, or chocolate and enjoy!