Delicious, slightly bitter, Campari Margarita with freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Salted glass rim: 1-2 tbsp fine sea salt and 1 lime (optional)
- Ice cubes
- 1 ½ oz silver or reposado tequila
- ½ oz Campari
- ½ oz simple syrup (see notes) or raspberry simple syrup
- ½ oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- A slice of lime for garnish (optional)
- First prepare your glass. Add the salt to a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass. Dip the glass in the salt, rotate a couple of times until the salt sticks. Fill your glass with ice and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker or a mason jar with a handful of ice and shake for 5-10 seconds until very cool to touch.
- Pour into your prepared glass, garnish with a slice of lime, and serve immediately.
Simple syrup - To make simple syrup, you just combine equal parts of sugar and water and warm them while stirring constantly to mix. It doesn’t have to boil, it’s just so that the sugar dissolves. You can do this with any sugar alternative too. I like mixing water and maple syrup. It should last in the fridge in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Keywords: campari, margarita