Perfect addition to brunch with plant based yogurt, or my personal favorite - a dollop of thick coconut kefir. This also makes a tasty dessert when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 grapefruits, cut in half
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary*
- small pinch sea salt
- Turn the broiler on in your oven.
- Lay the grapefruits on a baking sheet (cut size up) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut sugar, rosemary, and thyme, and salt.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the grapefruits.
- Place in the oven and broil for 5-10 or until golden and slightly blackened on the edges. Keep checking the oven to make sure to not burn them!
- Serve with ice cream as a dessert or yogurt for breakfast/brunch.
* If you don't have fresh herbs on hand, you can use 2 tsp of dried herbs.
Keywords: grapefruit, coconut, sugar, rosemary, thyme