- 3 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp dairy-free milk of choice (oat, almond, coconut, rice, cashew)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp coconut oil for cooking (or any other high-temperature friendly oil)
- 1 mango
- 1/4 tsp tahini sauce
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 figs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil for cooking
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, beat them with a whisk and set aside.
- Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork on a separate plate.
- Add the bananas to the bowl along with the milk and stir the mixture with the whisk to combine.
- To a separate bowl, add the coconut flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla powder, and cinnamon and mix with a spoon.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well until well incorporated. Set aside for a few minutes so the coconut flour has time to soak up the moisture. Then stir again.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the coconut oil.
- When hot enough, spoon the batter into the pan (about a tbsp at a time) and make a circle.
- Add a few blueberries onto each pancake.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. The time depends on how hot your pan is.
- When it gets too hot, lower the heat, so the pancakes don't burn.
- Flip them with a thin spatula. You'll know they're done on one side when they're easy to flip.
- Put the pancakes into a baking dish and place them in the oven set at 50-70C (122-158F) to keep them warm.
- Add the mango, tahini, and cinnamon into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass jar and set aside.
- Wash the figs and cut them into quarters.
- Dust them evenly with cinnamon.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium-high heat with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Spread the figs onto the pan evenly so they all touch the surface (skin up).
- Drizzle them with maple syrup and cook for 2-5 mins on one side, flip and cook for a couple more minutes until they're soft and the maple syrup starts to caramelize.
- Take off the heat.
- Plate the pancakes, top with mango sauce and caramelized figs.