- A handful of fresh mint leaves (about 15, plus more for garnish)
- 1 lime, sliced and chopped (save a slice for garnish if desired)
- ½ oz simple syrup or 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 activated charcoal capsule (approx. ¼ tsp)
- Sparkling water
- Add mint leaves, chopped lime, and simple syrup to a tall glass.
- Using a cocktail muddler, muddle everything together to release the juices of the lime and the mint.
- Add the white rum and empty one charcoal capsule into the glass. Swirl the drink around to mix everything or use a long cocktail spoon to stir everything together.
- Fill up the glass with ice and top up with sparkling water. Don’t stir again, the sparkling water should create a fun ombre effect with the black cocktail staying on the bottom.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and a spring of fresh mint. Serve with a straw and stir before enjoying.
Keywords: black mojito, activated charcoal