The Best Vegan Chocolate with Vegan Marshmallows
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp finely chopped raw cacao paste or dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- a handful of vegan marshmallows
- In a small pot, bring the milk and the water almost to a boil.
- Take the pot off the heat and add the rest of the ingredients (except for the marshmallows)
- Stir until the chocolate melts.
- Turn the heat back on and bring the hot chocolate to a boil.
- Let simmer for 1-2 mins and take off the heat.
- Optional: Using a small handheld milk frother, froth the hot chocolate according to package instructions.
- Pour into a mug, top with the marshmallows and dust with more cacao or cinnamon.
- Enjoy immediately.
I'm using a milk frother here to get nice creamy foam on top. I have a tiny one that was less than $10 and it's my favorite thing to use. You don't have to do it if you don't have one, the chocolate is just as tasty when not frothed.
Keywords: the best vegan hot chocolate