Delicious blueberry waffles - crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Made with mashed bananas.
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed (approx. 1 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (plus more for cooking as needed)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp blueberries
- In a large bowl, mash together the banana, eggs, avocado oil, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Add the gluten-free flour and baking powder. Stir to mix everything using a whisk or a spoon. Don't overmix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Cook your waffles according to your waffle maker's instructions. Add cooking oil if needed. I cook these waffles in a big Belgian waffle maker in two batches, or more if I'm going for smaller, round waffles.
- Serve waffles with maple syrup, berries, nuts, seeds, yogurt, nut butter, or anything else you enjoy!
Keep your waffles warm: Preheat your oven to 200F (100C) and keep your waffles on a heat-proof plate or a baking sheet in the warm oven until ready to eat.
Freezer: Let waffles cool down completely before storing them in a freezer-safe container or plastic bag in the freezer for up to two months. To reheat, pop them into your toaster or reheat in the oven at 350F.
Keywords: blueberry, banana, waffles