- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas (from a can is fine, just rinse and strain them)
- 2 cups or more greens - choose one or a mix (baby spinach, green leaf, red, leaf, kale, romaine, iceberg, arugula, frisee, radicchio, watercress, Boston/butter lettuce, etc. - the options are endless)
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- Optional seasoning: sea salt, pepper, a sprinkle of dried or fresh herbs (oregano, cilantro, parsley, or basil), onion and/or garlic powder, chilli or chipotle, or a seasoning mix you like
- Other optional add-ins or substitutes: regular tomatoes, red onion, carrots, radishes, roasted vegetables (bell peppers, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, okra, beets, baby corn, etc.), hummus, brown/red/black rice, beans, chopped nuts, hemp seeds, and if not vegan a hard-boiled egg or goat cheese
- Dressing: 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 2 tsp ACV or lemon juice (this combo works with everything but you can sub any dressing you might like (see post for links to different dressings)
- If you don't have any leftovers, start by cooking your quinoa. I always like to cook 1 cup dry which yields over 2 cups cooked which lasts me for 2-4 days in the fridge.
- Prepare all your ingredients and add them into a big bowl. This really is an anything-you-have chopped salad so feel free to omit or add any vegetables you like.
- Toss it with two spoons to mix and pour over the dressing and toss again.
- Either enjoy immediatelly or put into a plastic/glass box and take to work/school with you. Lasts 1-2 days in the fridge.