This creamy coconut margarita is perfect for Christmas garnished with fresh cranberries and a string of rosemary
- 1 ½ oz silver tequila
- ½ oz Cointreau
- ½ oz coconut rum
- ½ oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz light coconut milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1-2 dashes of orange or cranberry bitters (optional)
- Garnish: fresh or frozen cranberries, fresh springs of rosemary
- Fill up a short glass with ice and garnish with a few fresh or frozen cranberries.
- Add all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until very cool to touch (10-15 seconds).
- Pour the drink into your glass and garnish with a spring of rosemary if desired. Serve immediately.
The high acidity of the lime doesn’t agree with the fat in coconut milk so the drink might separate. Serve the drink with a straw so you can stir it while sipping to avoid this.
Keywords: white christmas, coconut, margarita