This Tequila Espresso Martini is a fun spin on the classic Espresso Martini and a cocktail you just have to try if you're a fan of coffee and tequila! It's really easy to make and great for any occasion!
- 1 oz freshly brewed espresso (1 shot of espresso)
- 2 oz silver tequila
- ½ oz Kahlua
- ½-1 oz simple syrup (or 2 tsp maple syrup, see notes on how to make simple syrup)
- Large handful ice
- Brew a shot of espresso and add it to a cocktail shaker or a large mason jar along with the tequila, Kahlua, and simple syrup or maple syrup.
- Add a large handful of ice and close with a lid. Shake the cocktail vigorously for 5-10 seconds until very cold and foamy.
- Strain the drink into a martini or coupe glass and enjoy!
Simple syrup: Combine equal parts of sugar and water in a small saucepan. I used ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water. Maple syrup, cane sugar, or brown sugar are all great options for this cocktail and you can use leftovers in your coffee drinks or any other cocktails. Bring the syrup to a boil stirring often to make sure the sugar melts and doesn’t burn. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a glass jar and allow to cool before storing. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Espresso: This drink works best with a small shot of espresso but you can use regular coffee or cold brew too. The flavor just won’t be as concentrated. Use decaf if necessary.
Keywords: tequila, espresso martini