This St. Germain Elderflower margarita is a floral take on the classic margarita and it's the perfect spring and summer cocktail!
Salt rim: 1 tbsp Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- 1 ½ oz Silver Tequila
- 1 oz Elderflower liqueur (I used St. Germain)
- ½ oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ oz simple syrup (see notes)
- Lime slices for garnish (optional)
- To garnish the glass rim, run a lime wedge along the rim. Dip in Himalayan pink salt or sea salt to coat. Fill up the glass with ice and set it aside.
- Add silver tequila, elderflower liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker or a mason jar with a handful of ice. Close and shake for 10-15 seconds until very cool.
- Strain into the prepared glass and garnish with a lime slice if desired. Serve immediately.
I recommend always prepping the glass first so that you can serve the cocktail right away after shaking it. Try not to let it sit in the cocktail shaker for too long before serving to avoid it getting watered down by the ice.
Non-alcoholic version: Use elderflower syrup instead of the liqueur and tequila. Top up the drink with soda - elderflower or lemon/lime sodas work the best in this drink.
Keywords: elderflower liqueur, margarita