Sheet Pan Gluten-Free Ramen Noodle Stir Fry - 30 mins to make, vegan, and healthy! Roasted veg, gluten-free ramen noodles, and sticky sauce.
- 4 bell peppers, cut into strips, seeds removed
- 2 zucchinis, cut into thick strips
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp avocado or raw sesame oil (for roasting)
Sticky Tamari Sauce:
- 3 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (sub 2 minced cloves garlic)
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger or ginger juice (sub 1/4 tsp ground ginger or skip)
- 1/2 tsp tapioca starch (sub corn starch)
- 2 blocks gluten-free ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Add the sliced bell peppers, zucchinis, and quartered onions to a sheet pan or a baking dish, drizzle with 1 tsp of avocado oil, and toss.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes until tender and slightly blackened on the edges.
Sticky Tamari sauce:
- Add the tamari, toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup, garlic powder, chili garlic sauce, and minced ginger or ginger juice into a small pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until it thickens slightly and covers the back of a spoon. Turn heat down to low.
- Mix the tapioca starch in a teaspoon of water and pour into the sauce while stirring constantly. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Take off heat and set aside.
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions.
- Add the ramen to the roasted vegetables, pour the sauce over it all and toss to combine everything. Return back to the oven to heat it all through if needed for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.
To toast the sesame seeds, heat a large pan over medium-high heat, add 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds, and toast stirring and tossing around for a few minutes or until slightly golden and fragrant. Do not burn, take immediately off the heat if it starts to smoke or pop.
Keywords: ramen noodles, vegan, dinner