This miso roasted broccoli is great served as a side or as a main dish with grains like quinoa, or rice.
Miso Roasted Broccoli:
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (not toasted)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into quarters
- Preheat your oven to 425F (220C) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Make the sauce: In a big bowl, mix the miso, sesame oil, maple syrup, tamari, rice vinegar, water, ground ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, and minced garlic. Stir until well combined.
- Add the broccoli florets and toss to cover.
- Spread the broccoli with all the sauce and the quartered onion on the baking sheet and toss.
- Roast in the oven for 25 mins or until tender and golden. Stir halfway through.
- Serve with cooked grains, noodles, quinoa, rice, more roasted veggies, or on a salad.
Leftovers may be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Keywords: broccoli, miso, maple, quinoa, tamari