Delicious make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings.
- ½ cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional, see notes)
- pinch cinnamon (about ⅛ tsp, optional)
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk (+ ¼ cup more if using chia seeds)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp orange extract (optional)
- ½ cup fresh diced mango (approx. ½ mango, save the rest for serving)*
- Optional add-ins: cacao or cocoa powder, protein powder, blueberries, raspberries, and/or chopped pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- For serving: berries, hemp seeds, yogurt, or nut butter
- Add the rolled oats chia seeds, and cinnamon (if using) to a jar. Pour in the milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and orange extract (if using), and stir well. Set aside to let the chia seeds soak for 5 mins.
- Stir well to avoid clumps and add the diced mango.
- Cover with a lid and let soak in the fridge overnight.
- Serve cold topped with more mango, berries, hemp seeds, and nut butter if desired. See notes for serving the oats warm.
*It's ok to use frozen mango too, I just prefer the taste of fresh mango in overnight oats.
If you’re going to warm up the overnight oats in the morning, I recommend skipping the chia seeds. They turn the oats into more of a pudding and they don't taste as good when warmed up.
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed. (counted with chia seeds)
Keywords: overnight, oatmeal, breakfast