This Vegan Double Chocolate Iced Mocha is better than Starbucks and so easy to make! Topped with vegan whipped cream and melted dark chocolate.
- ¾ - 1 cup chilled coffee (cold brew or drip, use decaf if desired)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tbsp cacao powder
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Ice cubes
- A few dark chocolate squares
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ¼-½ cup milk (I like cashew or almond milk)
- Whipped cream (I used vegan)
- Add the coffee, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cacao powder, and cinnamon if using to a jar. Use a handheld milk frother to blend everything together. Add a few ice cubes, close with a lid and shake briefly to chill.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a mini saucepan over very low heat or in a heat proof bowl over a pot of hot water. (It’s best to do this before you start everything else)
- Lightly decorate a tall glass with the melted chocolate if desired.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour in the shaken coffee ¾ way up.
- Froth the milk with a handheld milk frother. Pour over the coffee to the top.
- Serve with a glass straw and topped with whipped cream drizzled with the melted chocolate.
You can find a handheld milk frother online or anywhere they sell kitchen stuff. It usually costs $10-20. I’ve had mine for a couple of years and it works great!
I add cacao powder to the coffee and chocolate on top because mixing it into the cold drink would be too difficult. If you want to make it extra chocolatey, warm up ¼ of the coffee and melt a few squares of chocolate in it before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.
If you don’t have a milk frother, you could mix all the ingredients except the ice, chocolate, and whipped cream in a blender, pour over ice, and top with whipped cream and chocolate.
Keywords: iced mocha coffee, chocolate