Nothing beats homemade hummus! This one is thick and fluffy and it's delicious on salads, bread, or as a dip. It's also great as a base for a salad dressing. Mix some water, lemon juice, and tahini with 1-2 tbsp of hummus to make a delicious dressing.
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 lemon (2-3 tbsp, add more if desired)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/3 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water (or more depending on how thick you want it to be)
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper into a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes until it starts forming a dough. You may have to scrape the sides a couple times.
- While the food processor is running, pour in the olive oil and the water.
- Taste and add more water if desired.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.