- 3 cups almonds
- pinch sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 175C (347F).
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Roast the nuts for 15-18 minutes until toasted and lightly golden when cut in half. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn.
- Cool completely.
- Add them into a food processor and process until very smooth for 15-20 minutes. You may have to scrape the sides of the food processor with a spatula 1-2 times. When you think it's done, blend it for a few more minutes to get it extra creamy.
- Store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- If you like your almond butter crunchy, pulse the nuts a few time and save 1-2 tbsp of the chopped nuts. When the butter is done, add the saved chopped nuts and process briefly to incorporate.
- The time it takes to make the butter depends on how strong your food processor is. It can take anywhere from 10-30 minutes. When you process it for that long the butter naturally heats up so just make sure it's cooled down before you put it in the fridge.