Delicious tomato grilled cheese, perfect for the summer months.
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp butter (vegan or regular)
- 1 cup shredded sheep or goat mozzarella (or regular)
- 1-2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Start by spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place it on a plate buttered side down. Divide the cheese between two slices (leave a little for later).
- Add 2-3 tomato slices and the fresh basil on top of the cheese, and season with black pepper.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese and top each slice with the other slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add one sandwich and cook for 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the other sandwich and serve immediately.
If you don't plan to eat the sandwiches right away, I recommend assembling them completely and cooking right before eating.
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Keywords: tomato, summer, grilled cheese