The easiest Hazelnut Carob Granola! Only 7 simple ingredients and less than 30 mins to make! (V, GF) Perfect on yogurt with jam and maple syrup.
- 2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 4 cups rolled oats (certified gluten-free if you're worried about traces of gluten)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp carob powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 170°C (325°F).
- Spread the hazelnuts onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the skins easily come off and the nuts are slightly golden (be sure not to burn them).
- Take them out and let them cool down.
- While the nuts are roasting, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Add the maple syrup, carob, vanilla extract, cinnamon (if using), and sea salt. Take off heat and stir until there are no lumps.
- Into a big bowl add the oats and the carob sauce. Stir with a spoon to evenly cover all the oats.
- Spread the carob oats onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 20 minutes. Stir once or twice throughout baking.
- While that's baking, remove as many skins off of the hazelnuts as you can by rubbing them together on a kitchen towel or a paper towel.
- Take the granola out of the oven, roughly chop the hazelnuts and add them to the granola.
- Let the granola cool down completely before storing it. Keeps well in a glass jar at room temperature for up to 4 weeks.
If you want the granola to be more clumpy, add an additional 2 tbsp of both coconut oil and maple syrup and 1 tsp carob powder when making the carob sauce.
Keywords: carob, granola, breakfast, vegan