This Greek Beet Salad is light, earthy, and creamy. It's the perfect winter salad to serve as a side or as an addition to bowls or salads.
- 2 lbs beets (5-7 beets)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼-½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (or a vegan alternative)
- Peel the beets and cut them into wedges or dice.
- Add 1 inch of water to a large cooking pot with a steam basket and add the chopped beets.
- Steam the beets for 25-35 minutes or until soft. The time will vary depending on the size of the beets.
- While the beets are steaming, make the dressing. In a medium bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, dill, sea salt, and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Once the beets are done, transfer them to a large bowl and pour the dressing over them. Toss gently to combine.
- Serve the beet salad on a large serving platter with dollops of Greek yogurt and more parsley and dill if desired. You can mix the yogurt in or leave it in dollops on top.
Greek yogurt alternative: To keep the dish dairy-free, you can use a vegan yogurt alternative. Soft goat cheese is also a great option.
Storing: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Keywords: beet salad, greek yogurt