Melt-in-your-mouth delicious goat grilled cheese with fresh pear and crispy sage. It can easily be made gluten-free and vegan too! So good!
- 4 slices of bread (use gluten-free if needed)
- Vegan or regular butter
- 1/2 pear (1/4 per sandwich)
- 2 tbsp grated goat cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Beemster goat cheese (or more cheddar)
- 4 slices Brie goat cheese
- 10 sage leaves + 10 more for frying
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- Pepper to taste
- Lightly butter the outer sides of each sandwich slice and set aside.
- Thinly slice the pear, grate the cheddar and Beemster cheese, and cut 4 slices of Brie goat cheese. Finely chop 10 sage leaves and remove the thyme leaves from the stem.
- When ready to assemble, take two slices of bread, lay them buttered side down, and layer with the filling: To one slice, add 1 tbsp cheddar, a few slices of the pear, 2 slices of brie, beemster goat cheese (or more cheddar), chopped sage, thyme, and pepper to taste. Cover with the other slice. Repeat with the other sandwich.
- Heat a pan over high heat, add the sandwich and cook on medium-high for a few minutes on each side. Flip carefully. When almost ready, add a knob of butter to the pan and the sage leaves. Fry for a few minutes until slightly golden.
- Serve immediately sliced in half and garnish with the fried sage. Enjoy!
This grilled cheese can easily be made vegan with vegan butter and vegan cheddar. My favorite brand for both is Miyoko.
Keywords: grilled cheese, goat cheese, vegetarian, sandwich, lunch, sage, pear