These fluffy gluten-free waffles come together in less than 30 minutes. Very light and soft.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix*
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup grated carrot packed (1 medium carrot)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, avocado oil, greek yogurt, and almond milk.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Fold in the shredded carrot and chopped walnuts using a spoon. Set aside until ready to cook.
- Heat up a waffle iron and brunch with a little bit of butter or spray with avocado oil if it’s not nonstick.
- Use about ¼ cup of the batter for each waffle (they will spread but not too much) and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions (I set mine to medium and cook for approx. 2 mins each side).
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
Keep them warm: Preheat your oven to 200°F (100°C). Place your waffles in a single layer on a sheet pan with an oven-safe cooling rack and keep it in the oven until ready to eat.
Storing: Store in the fridge for 3-4 days or the freezer for up to 2 months.
Reheat/thaw: Reheat the waffles in the toaster or in the oven.
Keywords: waffles, carrot cake, breakfast