These Garam Masala Roasted Pecans are a perfect snack for a party if you want to impress your friends w/ sth healthy & delicious. Or make them just for yourself as a snack or a topping for salads!
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayanne pepper (adjust to your liking)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 185C/365F.
- Place the nuts into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon, garam masala, sea salt, and cayanne pepper and combine with a spoon.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup into the seasoning and mix well.
- You can place the bowl into the hot oven for a minute if your maple syrup is cold and the coconut oil hardens.
- Pour the mixture over the nuts and stir with a spoon until all the nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread the nuts onto a parchment paper on a baking dish and place them into the oven.
- Roast for 10-13 minutes. Taste them after 10 minutes, they should be crunchy and sticky.
- (The coating hardens after they cool down.)
- Cool them completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.