Delicious holiday cocktail, perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas. A great way to use up leftover cranberry sauce.
- 1 ½ oz silver tequila
- ½ oz Cointreau
- 2 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ oz lime juice
- 1 tbsp cranberry sauce (or sub 1 oz cranberry juice)
- ½ oz maple syrup (optional)
- dash orange bitters
- Fresh or frozen cranberries
- An orange slice
- Into a cocktail shaker add the tequila, Cointreau, orange juice, lime juice, cranberry sauce, maple syrup, orange bitters, and a few ice cubes. Close and shake vigorously for a few seconds. Pour into a glass and add a couple of ice cubes, the cranberries, a slice of orange, and a sprig of rosemary. Enjoy immediately.
If you don't have cranberry sauce, you can use 1 oz cranberry juice instead. If you don't have a cocktail shaker, use cranberry juice, not the sauce, and mix everything right in the glass.
Skip the tequila and Cointreau. Add 1 oz more orange juice, 1 oz water, and 1 extra tsp maple syrup.
Keywords: cranberries, orange, tequila, cocktail