This cheesy asparagus is a super simple side that can be ready to eat in just 20 minutes!
- 20 spears asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- 1 tsp avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest (or ½ tsp?)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella (regular, sheep, goat, or vegan)
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Add your asparagus to a baking sheet. Drizzle with the avocado oil and toss to coat.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, dried rosemary, sea salt, black pepper, and fresh lemon zest. Toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella in the middle of the spears, making sure to cover all spears evenly.
- Roast for 10 minutes. The mozzarella should be melted and the asparagus golden.
- Serve immediately.
You can also use a broiler for this but you might have to adjust the time and keep an eye on the asparagus. Broilers tend to be very strong and the asparagus could burn very quickly.
Storing: The asparagus can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days but it’s best eaten right away as the cheese solidifies when cold and it’s not as good when reheated.
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Keywords: apsaragus, spring, mozzarella