Charred green beans, balsamic glaze, garlic, and grated pecorino cheese. A delicious side dish for any meal! I love using these as a topping on salads. Delicious both hot and cold!
- 1 lb Green beans (about 5 cups chopped)
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tsp Onion powder
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2-4 tbsp Balsamic glaze (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Start by preheating your broiler. Cut off both ends of the beans and chop into thirds (or bite-sized pieces) and transfer them to a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with the avocado oil and balsamic glaze, and sprinkle with the garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Broil on the upper rack for 10-20 minutes depending on the strength of your broiler. Keep a close eye on the beans, the broiler is strong and the beans could burn in a matter of seconds.
- Take the green beans out of the oven, drizzle with the balsamic glaze, and sprinkle them with the grated cheese (save some for the cheese for serving). Enjoy!
- Prep tip: chop the green beans into bite-sized pieces before broiling to make them easier to eat if you're adding them to a salad.
- Vegan option: substitute the pecorino cheese for 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Keywords: green beans, pecorino, cheese, balsamic glaze