- 1 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, then drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup water + more depending on how thick you want it to be
- 1-2 cloves garlic (or more, depending on size)
- 1/2-1 lemon, juiced (I used a whole lemon but if you don't like your dressings too tangy, start with 1/2 and add more if needed)
- 1 tbsp tahini (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Add everything into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add more water if it's too thick. If you don't plan on using it right away, add 2-3 tbsp more water because it will thicken up in the fridge. If it's still too thick when you're ready to use it, just add more water and stir.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days.