This Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal has all the classic carrot cake flavors but it's much easier to make and you can have it for breakfast any day!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or melted butter
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 ¼ cups almond milk
- 2 cups grated carrots (2-3 medium carrots)
- 2 apples, grated (approx. 2 cups)
- ¼ cup raisins, roughly chopped
- ¼ heaping cup of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbsp turbinado sugar
- For serving: yogurt, nut butter, walnuts, or berries
- Preheat your oven to 375F (190C) and prepare a 12x8 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, avocado oil, honey, vanilla extract, sea salt, and lemon zest.
- Add almond milk and whisk again.
- Add the oats with spices you mixed earlier and stir to combine well.
- Add grated carrots, grated apples, raisins, and walnuts.
- Stir everything together until well combined.
- Transfer the batter into your prepared baking dish and sprinkle with turbinado sugar if desired.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden on top.
- Divide the oatmeal into 6 servings and serve with toppings of your choice.
Storing: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Allow the oatmeal to cool completely before closing it with a lid. You can also freeze the oatmeal portioned out in a freezer-safe container. Allow to defrost in the fridge overnight and enjoy cold or warmed up in the oven at 350F.
Keywords: baked oatmeal, carrot cake baked oatmeal