- 1 ½ oz bourbon or rye whiskey
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 dashes orange bitters (or Angostura bitters for a more classic old-fashioned)
- 1 oz blood orange juice (½ orange juiced)
- Maraschino cherries and orange slices for garnish
- Add the bourbon, maple syrup, orange bitters, and blood orange juice to an old-fashioned glass.
- Stir everything together with a spoon and fill up the glass with ice. Stir again to cool the cocktail.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and a slice of blood orange and enjoy!
Keywords: blood orange, old fashioned, cocktail