A fancier version of your regular Chai Latte with the addition of blood orange and orange blossom water. Ready in 5 minutes.
- 1 chai tea bag
- boiling water
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- ¼ blood orange extract
- ½ tsp orange blossom water (optional)
- ½ cashew milk (or sub almond milk)
- Ground cinnamon (optional for garnish)
- Start by boiling some water.
- Add the chai tea bag into a cup, pour the hot water over it about ¾ way up. Let steep for 5-7 mins.
- Pour the cashew milk into a small pot and bring to a soft simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer only for a few seconds to get it hot. Take off heat and use a handheld milk frother to froth the milk.
- Pull the teabag out of the cup, add the honey, orange extract, and orange blossom water if using into the cup and stir to combine.
- Pour the frothed milk over the tea, sprinkle with a little bit of cinnamon if desired, and enjoy!
Keywords: chai, latte, blood orange