- 4 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp onion powder (optional)
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp water (start with 1 and add more if needed)
- 1 cup uncooked black rice (makes 2 cups), use red or brown rice if you don't have black
- 1 cup shredded carrots (2-3 carrots)
- 1 cup shredded beet (1 beet)
- 1 cup diced cucumber (1/2 cucumber)
- 1 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes (or 4 regular tomatoes, diced)
- 5 cups chopped lettuce of choice
- to serve: tahini dressing, hummus and sesame seeds for decoration
- Start by making the dressing.
- Place all the ingredients into a small mason jar or a bowl and mix with a spoon to combine. It should be creamy and somewhat thick. Add more water to thin it out if desired.
- Start by cooking the rice according to package information. While that's cooking, shred and dice the vegetables.
- Let the rice cool down a bit before serving.
- Divide the lettuce between the bowls and add about 1/2 cup of the cooked rice into each bowl.
- Drizzle each salad with 1 tsp or so of the dressing and mix.
- Start adding all the vegetables into the bowls in any order you like.
- Add a spoonful of hummus to each bowl if desired.
- Drizzle each salad with the dressing and decorate with sesame seeds.
- Best enjoyed immediately.
- The tahini dressing will thicken when you put it in the fridge. Add a tablespoon or so of water to thin it out.