This salsa is a simple easy-to-make appetizer made with canned black beans and only 5 fresh ingredients.
- 1 can (398g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 shallot (or 1 small red onion), peeled and finely diced
- ½ cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- ½-1 jalapeno, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1-2 tsp tajin
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- Optional add-ons: tomatoes, fresh or grilled corn, grilled poblano peppers, avocado
- Add black beans, mango, shallot, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, and 1 teaspoon tajin to a large bowl and toss gently to combine. Add the juice of one lime, toss, and add more to taste if needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips or on top of a salad or a protein bowl.
- Store the salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Tajin: If you don’t have tajin, you can just use ½ tsp sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Cilantro: If you don’t have fresh cilantro, you can use 2 tsp dried cilantro but it won’t be as flavorful. You can also use fresh parsley if you don’t like cilantro.