Start your day off right with this delicious Berry Baked Oatmeal. It is sure to satisfy your taste buds and nourish your body!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or melted butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen, plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen, plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries(fresh or frozen)
- 3 tbsp turbinado sugar (optional)
- For serving: chocolate sauce (see notes), fresh berries, yogurt, almond butter, or other toppings
- Preheat your oven to 375F (190C) and prepare a 12x8 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract, avocado oil, and sea salt until smooth. Add milk and mix again.
- Add oats, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Stir to mix everything together.
- Carefully pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with more blueberries and raspberries and sprinkle with turbinado sugar if desired.
- Bake the oatmeal for 45-50 minutes until golden on top.
- Serve with chocolate sauce, more berries, yogurt, almond butter, or any other toppings of choice.
Chocolate sauce: ¼ cup each almond butter, maple syrup, and almond milk, 2 tbsp cacao powder, ½ tsp vanilla extract, ¼ tsp ground cinnamon. Mix everything in a bowl or jar and drizzle over the baked oatmeal. Store any leftover sauce in the fridge for up to 3 days. It will thicken in the fridge, just add a little more almond milk to make it pourable again.
Storing: Store any leftover oatmeal in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Serve cold or warm it up in the oven at 350F in an oven-safe dish for 10-15 minutes.
Keywords: berry baked oatmeal