This pretty pink hummus can be ready in just 10 mins! No messy beet cooking, it's made with beetroot powder!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and ends removed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp beet powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup warm water
- Recommended garnish: extra virgin olive oil, toasted pine nuts, sumac, and pita chips
- Add the chickpeas, garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, ground cumin, beet powder, and sea salt to a food processor or a blender.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. This may take 2-3 minutes.
- While the food processor or blender is still on, stream in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the warm water little by little until you reach your desired consistency. Add more if needed.
- Serve garnished with a drizzle of olive oil, toasted pine nuts, a sprinkle of sumac, and homemade pita chips.
Toasted Pine Nuts: Heat a pan over medium-high heat, add the pine nuts, and toast them for 5 mins or until golden brown on both sides, stirring often, careful not to burn them.
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Keywords: hummus, beetroot, dip